Self-Care + Self-Compassion
- Explore Dr. Kristin Neff's research on self-compassion.
- Learn more about vulnerability as a form of self-care from Brene Brown.
- Walk through a self-care inventory, such as those created by Western Washington University and Headington Institute.
- How satisfied are you with your work life? Visit the Professional Quality of Life (ProQOL) survey.
- Watch Guy Winch's TEDTalk on why we all need to practice emotional first aid.
- Find out why we all need to move to Denmark (or at least learn from the Danes) to achieve a better work-life balance.
- The Wellbeing Project seeks to understand the connection between personal development and the quality and effectiveness of social change.
- Why we all need to practice self-care from Mindful.
Human Trafficking + Modern Slavery
- The Set Free Movement
- Freedom United
- Human Trafficking Resource Centre / Hotline
- Global Slavery Index
- International Labour Organization
Fair Trade + Ethical Shopping
- Camano Island Coffee (USA)
- Good Coffee (Canada / USA)
- JustTea (Canada / USA)
- Ten Thousand Villages (Canada / USA)
- TO THE MARKET (USA)
- SEED Livelihood (USA)
- Oliberté (Canada / USA)
- Divine Chocolate (USA, available at select retailers in Canada)
- Patagonia (Canada / USA)
- The Body Shop (Canada / USA)
- Fashion + Compassion (USA, shipping to Canada)
- Ten Tree (Canada / USA)
- Mailroom Barber (USA)
- Thistle Farms (USA)
- Sevenly (USA, shipping to Canda)
Learn More From:
"I must give myself the grace to enjoy the beauty in the world in order to see it as a place worth redeeming."
- Katie Bergman